Woke up Monday mourning err morning , opened my laptop and checked on e-mails hoping that I would read something that would brighten up my day, browsing three pages got me frustrated and a popped up ad is telling me that it is Valentine's day! so hurry up send flowers and chocolate to your special someone so does the ad says and I said to myself ...it is Valentine's day and I don't have a Valentine date as my boyfriend is in Poland...poor me and worst of it all I did not receive any letter, a card , flower or a chocolate from my special someone! so as quick as I turned on my computer I turned it off as fast as the broadband internet connection works!
I was the first person to come to the office and few minutes later on a bubbly and very hyper super energetic co-worker of mine banged the office door, on her hand was a bunch of red roses and proudly greeted everyone a Happy Valentine's Day! Great rub it on lady I whispered to myself, then another co-worker came and boisterously announced to everyone that She has a dinner date with her boyfriend at Tuscany a famous Italian restaurant in Chicago, well I thought I experienced eating at Tuscany with my boyfriend last year but she is eating there with her boyfriend on a special day a Valentine's Day... this made me envious of her!
The day went so fast and it was already very dark outside when I got out of the office I was dragging my feet out as I did not want to leave I just wanted to stay and keep myself busy with work and forget about the significance of the day to the lovers around the globe and on the contrary I reasoned out I am not the only one who's spending Valentine's Day alone there are millions of people across the universe who are by themselves on this special day what about those men and women in the military who are assigned in other countries, those people who are separated due to the demands of their jobs and what about those people whose love ones are no longer with us? What about those children who were abandoned by their mothers while they were young ? Them too need love.....
Valentine's Day is not just for lovers , it is the day that we show our affection to the one's we love it could be a love between two mature adults, the not so mature adults, the young lovers, it could be a platonic love, it could be a love of a child to her or his mother or father, love between siblings and love among people.
At home, as I was pondering about the significance of the day I reminded myself that I am still lucky because I am not loveless although me and my boyfriend are miles away from each other on this very special day but we're in love and that's the most important thing I rationalized so I sat on the couch with my computer on my lap I opened my e-mail and the first mail I opened was the e-mail coming from my boyfriend it was a touchy kind of e-mail and not only that I received bunch of e-flowers and e-kisses !
Does e-lovers the next big thing? May not be that far from happening !!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment